Skip to Content
- Get a good night’s sleep before your surgery!
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted 24 hours prior to surgery.
- Do not eat or drink ANYTHING (even water) EIGHT hours prior to surgery.
- Any medication you have been instructed to take should be taken with a small sip of water, just enough to get the medication down.
- Please be accompanied by a responsible adult who will be prepared to stay in the office during the procedure, then DRIVE YOU HOME and care for you the day of the surgery.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and be prepared to stay during the procedure.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing with short sleeves. No shorts. Eye make-up should be kept to a minimum. Contact lenses should not be worn to your appointment. If necessary, bring a case to place contact lenses in.
- Good oral hygiene is essential for proper healing. Brush and floss your teeth, but do not swallow any water.
- Please be prompt in order not to inconvenience other patients.
- Prepare for a cool liquid to a soft diet for the first 24 hours. This can include ice cream, pudding, Jell-O, yogurt, applesauce and protein drinks. Ice bags will be necessary for the first 24 hours for swelling that may occur post-operatively.
- Prior to your surgery, if there are any changes to your medical history, additional medications, or if you have any respiratory problems, please call our office.