After completion of his bachelor’s degree in biology at LeMoyne College in Syracuse, NY, Dr. Keenan attended the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine in Buffalo, NY where he received his D.D.S. degree in 2014.
Dr. Keenan then received his Medical Degree from the University at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. He then continued his training at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, Nebraska and completed an Internship in General Surgery in 2018 and completed specialty training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 2020.
Following his formal training, Dr. Keenan moved to North Dakota and worked as a Staff Surgeon at Sanford Medical Center Fargo, a Level I Trauma Center, practicing full scope oral and maxillofacial surgery. He was also a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences’ Department of Surgery. He then moved to Houston, Texas and became Faculty at Houston Methodist Hospital in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery prior to joining Fort Bend Oral Surgeons. Dr. Keenan maintains privileges at Texas Children’s Hospital and Houston Methodist Hospital.
His professional association are:
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Associate Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Texas Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Texas Dental Association
- Greater Houston Dental Society
- American Dental Association
- American Medical Association
- AO North America Craniomaxillofacial Foundation